If you’re dreaming of a sun-soaked escape to the enchanting island of Bali, look no further. Whether you’re a seasoned traveller or embarking on your first international trip, finding the perfect flight to Bali from Australia is a crucial first step.
With its pristine beaches, lush jungles, and vibrant culture, Bali has become a sought-after destination for Australian travellers. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through everything you need to know about booking flights, visa requirements, the best times to visit, and tips for travelling in Bali.
Table of Contents
- Here is everything you need to know about flights to Bali from Australia
Here is everything you need to know about flights to Bali from Australia
1. The Best Time to Fly to Bali
Before you dive into booking your flights to Bali from Australia, consider the best time to visit Bali. The island boasts a tropical climate, making it an ideal destination year-round. However, the peak tourist season falls between April and October, when the weather is dry and pleasant.
If you prefer fewer crowds and more budget-friendly options, consider travelling during the shoulder seasons of April to June and September to November. Keep in mind that prices for flights and accommodations may vary during these different periods.
There are several High or Peak Seasons in Bali throughout the year, such as the school holiday from July–August, the Christmas and New Year holidays, and the Chinese New Year from mid-January to mid-February.
2. Booking Your Flights to Bali from Australia
When it comes to booking flights to Bali from Australia, early planning is your best friend. Airlines often release their cheapest fares several months in advance, so keep a close eye on ticket prices and set fare alerts to snag the best deals.
Additionally, consider flying on weekdays, as weekends and peak travel days tend to be more expensive. With a little flexibility in your travel dates, you can save significantly on your flight costs.
There are several airlines that you can choose to fly with, such as:
- Virgin Australia
- Air Asia
- Malindo Air
- Singapore Airlines
- Malaysian Airlines
3. Where to Catch Flights to Bali from Australia
You can hop on flights to Bali from Australia, in all major cities. Even some of the regional airports have jumped on the bandwagon and added direct flights to this tropical paradise recently.
Now, if you’re after a variety of carriers and more flexibility in ticket prices, your best bet is to head to one of the capital cities. That way, you’ll have more options to choose from, and you’ll be able to snag the best deal for your Balinese adventure.
Perth to Bali Flights
If you’re in Perth, catching a flight to Bali is a breeze. If you can fly during the off-season, you’re likely to find better deals. Second, book your flights in advance. The earlier you book, the more likely you are to get a good price.
- Average flight duration from Perth: Approximately 3.5 hours
- Average ticket price for flights from Perth to Bali: AUD200 – AUD350
- Airlines offering Perth to Bali Flights: AirAsia, Batik Air, Citilink, Garuda Indonesia, Jetstar Airways, Qantas, Virgin Australia
Sydney to Bali Flights
Sydney-siders, you’re in luck. Sydney offers direct flights to Bali with a range of carriers, such as Garuda, Qantas, and Jetstar. Plan your dream Bali vacation starting from the vibrant heart of New South Wales. Tips: Be flexible with your travel dates to find cost-effective options.
- Average flight duration from Sydney: About 6 hours
- Average ticket price for flights from Sydney to Bali: AUD350 – AUD600
- Airlines offering Sydney to Bali Flights: Jetstar Airways, Qantas, Virgin Australia, Batik Air, Garuda Indonesia
Read more details about Sydney to Bali Flight Time here.
Melbourne to Bali Flights
Melbourne might be known for its coffee culture, but it’s also a fantastic starting point for your Bali adventure. Look into flights from Melbourne to Bali, and you’ll find several options with different airlines. You just need to keep an eye out for special promotions and discounts.
- Average flight duration from Melbourne: Approximately 6 hours
- Average ticket price for flights from Melbourne to Bali: AUD250 – AUD400
- Airlines offering Melbourne to Bali Flights: Jetstar Airways, Qantas, Virgin Australia, Batik Air, Garuda Indonesia
Brisbane to Bali Flights
In Brisbane, the gateway to the stunning Gold Coast, you can easily book a flight to Bali. With a little planning, you can easily find cheap Brisbane to Bali flights and start planning your dream vacation.
- Average flight duration from Brisbane: About 6.5 hours
- Average ticket price for flights from Brisbane to Bali: AUD300 – AUD500
- Airlines offering Brisbane to Bali Flights: Jetstar Airways, Qantas, Virgin Australia, Batik Air Malaysia
Adelaide to Bali Flights
Whether you’re craving Bali’s pristine beaches or its vibrant cultural scene, there are numerous airlines offering flights from Adelaide to Bali. To make the most of your trip, be sure to compare flight options from various carriers.
- Average flight duration from Adelaide: Around 7 hours
- Average ticket price for flights from Adelaide to Bali: AUD350 – AUD550
- Airlines offering Adelaide to Bali Flights: Jetstar Airways, Batik Air, Virgin Australia, AirAsia X, Qantas
Darwin to Bali Flights
If you’re up in Darwin, you’re closer to Bali than most. Several airlines operate Darwin to Bali flights, so you better explore the options for a tropical getaway. Tips: Be on the lookout for last-minute deals and discounts.
- Average flight duration from Darwin: Approximately 3.5 hours
- Average ticket price for flights from Darwin to Bali: AUD250 – AUD450
- Airlines offering Darwin to Bali flights: Jetstar Airways, Virgin Australia, Garuda Indonesia
From other cities
Don’t worry, you can score flights to Bali from places outside the big cities too. JetStar is the go-to airline for those locations. So, whether you’re in Cairns, the Gold Coast, or Newcastle, JetStar’s got you covered for your Bali adventure.
No need to fret about getting to a major city first – just hop on a JetStar flight, and off you go, ready to enjoy the magic of Bali.
4. Cheap flights to Bali from Australia
Finding cheap flights to Bali from Australia can depend on various factors, including the time of year, airline, departure city, and how far in advance you book your tickets. Here are some tips to help you find affordable flights to Bali:
- Use Flight Search Engines: Start your search by using popular flight search engines like Google Flights, Skyscanner, Kayak, or Expedia. These tools allow you to compare prices from multiple airlines and travel agencies.
- Be Flexible with Your Travel Dates: If your travel dates are flexible, you can often find cheaper flights by choosing off-peak times. Avoiding peak holiday seasons and weekends can save you money.
- Book in Advance: Generally, booking your flight well in advance can help you secure lower prices. Airlines often offer discounts for travellers who book tickets several months ahead of their travel date.
- Consider Nearby Airports: Check if flying from a nearby airport can save you money. Sometimes, smaller airports or airports in neighbouring cities have cheaper flights.
- Set Fare Alerts: Sign up for fare alerts on travel websites or apps. You’ll receive notifications when prices drop for your chosen route.
- Use Airline Miles or Points: If you’re a member of a frequent flyer program, consider using your accumulated miles or points to offset the cost of your flight.
- Travel Midweek: Flights tend to be cheaper on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so consider departing and returning on these days if possible.
- Consider Budget Airlines: Some budget airlines offer competitive prices for flights to Bali. However, be aware of additional fees and services that may not be included in the base fare.
- Package Deals: Sometimes, booking a package that includes both flights and accommodations can save you money. Be sure to compare the cost of booking separately versus a package deal.
- Check for Sales and Promotions: Keep an eye out for airline sales, promotions, and special offers. Airlines frequently offer discounts, especially during holiday season.
- Clear Your Browser Cookies: Some websites may track your search history and show you higher prices if you repeatedly search for the same route. Clear your browser cookies or use private browsing mode to avoid this.
Remember that prices can vary greatly, so it’s a good idea to compare options from multiple sources and be patient when searching for the best deal. Additionally, consider the total cost, including baggage fees, taxes, and any other extras when comparing flight prices.
5. Visa Requirements
Before looking for flights to Bali from Australia, you have to know about the Bali visa requirement first. For Australian citizens, obtaining a visa for Bali is relatively straightforward. Most travellers can enter Indonesia visa-free for up to 30 days. However, ensuring your passport has at least six months of validity beyond your intended departure date is essential.
If you plan to stay longer than 30 days or have other specific travel needs, check the Indonesian embassy’s website or consult with your travel agent to determine the appropriate visa requirements.
This is the most common visa for Australian citizens heading to Bali. You can get it right at the airport when you arrive in Indonesia. It’ll cost around AUD50.
Now, there are two ways to apply for this Visa on Arrival (VoA) for your Bali trip:
- At the airport when you land:
As soon as you touch down at Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport, head to the Visa on Arrival counter and present these documents:
- Your passport, which should be valid for at least 6 months from your entry date into Indonesia (they don’t accept emergency passports).
- A filled-out visa application form.
- Proof of your return ticket or onward travel plans.
- Make sure you’ve got enough funds to cover your stay in Indonesia.
- Online application:
The Indonesian government recently introduced an online system called e-VoA. To apply online, visit the Indonesian Immigration Department’s website (imigrasi.go.id) and follow their instructions. You can do this up to 14 days before your trip and at least 48 hours before your departure.
Here are some additional tips for applying for a VoA:
- Make sure you have all the required documents before applying.
- Apply for your VoA early, especially during busy times.
- Be ready for a bit of a wait, especially if you’re doing it at the airport.
Remember, VoA applies to all ages, even kids. So make sure they’ve got their visa sorted before you head off.
6. Health Insurance Preparation
When you looking for flights to Bali from Australia, don’t forget to also look for good health insurance. When you’re gearing up for your big adventure, it’s crucial to keep in mind that risks are part of the deal—except when it comes to your health. We all want to make unforgettable memories while travelling and worrying about unexpected medical expenses in Bali shouldn’t be on your list.
That’s where travel insurance steps in to save the day! Without it, you might find yourself shelling out big bucks for medical treatment upfront, and trust us, that can add up quickly.
Now that the world is opening up for travel again, it’s even more important to be prepared. Lost baggage, flight delays, and other unforeseen hiccups can happen. That’s why having comprehensive international travel insurance is a must-have. It gives you peace of mind, knowing that you and your loved ones are protected no matter where your adventures take you.
After all the preparation for flights to Bali from Australia is done, now is the time for you to make a great itinerary to enjoy the island. Known as the enchanting island that has captured the hearts of travellers worldwide, Bali offers you a magnificent experience with its breathtaking rice terraces, heavenly beaches, and friendly locals. Bali is a true gem in Southeast Asia.
No matter what type of adventurer you are—whether you crave excitement, love immersing yourself in culture, or simply want to unwind—Bali has something special in store for you. Here are the things you can try to experience during your trip to Bali:
- Sunrise trek to Mount Batur
- Wander around Tegalalang Rice Terrace
- A tranquil visit to Munduk village
- Witness the mesmerising Kecak Dance Show at Bali’s Uluwatu Temple
- Discover Heaven on Earth: Nusa Penida
- Experience a healing moment from the Balinese purification ceremony
- Take a jewellery-making class in Ubud
- Whitewater Rafting in Ubud, Bali, with Hotel Transfer
- Bali Waterfalls: Tibumana, Tukad Cepung, and Tegenungan
- Secluded Beach Moment at Bingin Beach
When you’re dreaming of a magical escape to the captivating island of Bali, selecting the perfect place to stay can genuinely elevate your experience. With a wide array of options, from peaceful beachfront villas to lush hillside retreats, Bali offers accommodations that suit the desires of every traveller.
Here are the recommended places you can choose to stay in Bali:
From stunning temples and breathtaking landscapes to thrilling water sports and delectable cuisine, Bali offers an experience like no other. With this ultimate guide, you are now equipped with all the essential information to plan your journey from Australia to Bali seamlessly.
Remember to book your flights to Bali from Australia in advance, stay updated on travel advisories, and pack your bags with excitement. Get ready to immerse yourself in the beauty of Bali and create memories that will last a lifetime. Your dream vacation awaits as you embark on an adventure filled with unforgettable moments on the mesmerising island of Bali.
Book your cheapest hotel in Bali now!